GTS Owners Club

For all GTS GTV GT owners to have a chat
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm 
Forum God

Scooter Type: Vespa GTs300 Super Sport
PX200 disc
Started planning my annual jaunt up to Kelso - via Falkirk where my best mate lives - only a round trip of 906 miles from down here in not-so-sunny Kent!

Going up the A1 to scotch Corner- then I'm open to suggestions.
Either across the A66 to Penrith; up the A68, carry on up the A1 round the coastal route or A697 to Edinburgh.

Basically I'm looking to break the journey up somewhere near the borders and wondered if anyone out there had any good suggestions that don't include looking at a certain ancient wall which I've visited in previous years.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm 
Forum Legend

Scooter Type: gts300
Personally I would take the coastal route better roads and well served with filling stations which the A68 isnt. As far as sight seeing goes theres Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and Alnwick (Hogwarts) castles all worth a visit imo :D

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:21 pm 
I Love Scooters

Scooter Type: GTS 250ie Dragon Red 2008
gtshaun wrote:
Personally I would take the coastal route better roads and well served with filling stations which the A68 isnt. As far as sight seeing goes theres Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and Alnwick (Hogwarts) castles all worth a visit imo :D

ditto the above and if your going to Bamburgh pop into Seahouses for a fish supper or run a up a few miles further and into Eyemouth nice wee harbour with a few pubs around that serve good grub.
The coastal route from Eyemouth that runs parallel with the A1 heading for Edinburgh is a great ride as well and a bit more scenic :)
whatever you decide have a safe trip and enjoy your wee holiday and remember the Falkirk wheel :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 pm 
Forum God

Scooter Type: Vespa GTs300 Super Sport
PX200 disc
Been to the Falkirk Wheel before - I love the place, but then I do like proper blokes engineering :D